Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup Recipe
05.01.2017 by LadyAlly
Yes I know; it has been ages since I’ve last posted anything. With a new baby on the way, I was struggling with morning sickness for a while but finally I’m all better! So, during the Christmas season, I managed to compile some of my favourite recipes (especially when it comes to measurements), so here is one of our common favourite – the ever so popular cream of wild mushroom soup.
- 200g oyster mushroom; roughly chopped
- 400g fresh button mushroom; sliced
- 200g shiitake mushroom; sliced
- 2 x medium size onions; roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme; finely chopped
- 3 tbsp white wine (optional)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 1-2 cups water
- 200ml whipping cream (skip this if you’re vegan)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a heavy pot, heat up oil and sauteed onions until soft.
- Add butter, and once it is melted, add oyster, button and shiitake mushrooms batch by batch so not to overflow pot.
- Sautee mushrooms, and once they become soft and fragrant, deglaze with white wine. Add thyme and stir.
- Sprinkle the flour onto sauteed mushrooms and stir.
- Add broth and water. I recommend to add 1 cup of water first, then later only add another to thin it down. Bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat into a simmer and stir in the cream and salt. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes and turn off the fire.
- Use a hand blender or a regular blender to blend your soup to the consistency you like. I prefer to have a little bit of bite, so I don’t blend until too smooth. (You can do batch by batch if your blender is too small.
- Pour it all back into a pot and add water if it is too thick.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-60 minutes