Roast Chicken Drumsticks Airfryer Recipe with Tomato Cream Pasta
20.04.2016 by LadyAlly
I know this is a long title to digest, but this is a really, really simple no-brainer recipe for those who just have no time to prepare fancy dinners after work. Today, I just made some pasta on the side with roast chicken as the main, and this pasta is so simple because I ran out of garlic. Haha. I would prefer to put some garlic but somehow the garlic grew roots even in the refrigerator (I have no idea why), so yeah, why not! Live on the edge! Anyway, here goes.
Roast Chicken Drumsticks in Buffalo Air Fryer
- 3 x pieces of chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper and dried rosemary to taste
- Pat chicken as dry as possible with paper towels. (Use good quality paper towels so they don’t end up sticking to your food)
- Rub chicken with salt.
- Toss the chicken in black pepper and rosemary.
- Arrange on the air fyer wire rack. Pat excess water with paper towels. (The dryer you pat the skin, the crispier they become.
- Close the lid and ROAST at 200-degrees for 35 minutes (depending on size of chicken.. so you can just open and check after about 20-25 minutes).
- Once it is done, remove and serve.
I made some brussel sprouts since they were going for decent price; RM5.90 for 160g at the new Village Grocer in Citta Mall, Ara Damansara. Par boiled and dumped it at the base of the air fryer at the last 5 minutes or so for a little crunch
Tomato Cream Pasta
- 200ml of half-and-half OR 200ml of cooking/whipping cream
- 5 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Minced garlic (preferably with this to get more flavour)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper and mixed herbs (optional)
- Bring water in a pot to boil. I use a deep pan instead as it cooks the pasta faster.
- Add salt.
- Add pasta. Make sure the water covers the pasta.
- Cook pasta until soft. (Taste test to your preferred doneness)
- Remove from heat and sieve through a colander. Keep a little of the pasta water to thicken your pasta sauce if needed.
- On a heated pan, add the oil.
- Add minced garlic. Stir fry till dark yellow, then add herbs.
- Add pasta in and stir fry. Use a silicon covered tong as it is easier to toss the pasta without breaking it.
- Pour in the cream. Stir a little.
- Add the tomato paste. Stir until mixed properly.
- Add black pepper and stir.
- If the sauce is too thin, add a little of the leftover pasta water.
- Remove from heat and serve.
(Whenever you feel it is hard to control how fast your ingredients are cooking in the pan, just lower the heat to medium so you won’t burn your food.)
This amount feeds 3 persons. I hope the recipe is easy to understand. Do comment below if you have any questions.