Easy Tomato and Mushroom Fluffy Omelette with Bread Recipe
06.05.2016 by LadyAlly
Recently, I’ve been trying to eat healthier and also to lose some weight. Honestly, I don’t like dieting since I love food too much. So instead of going on a full-on rabbit food diet, I am still eating yummy food but avoiding sugars, refined and processed food. I’m also eating super heavy breakfast, lighter lunch, and an even lighter dinner with a little healthy snack in between. Anyway, this is one of my quick recipes for breakfast (or brunch) since it takes very short preparation and cooking time. Enjoy!
- 2 large eggs
- 5-6 large cherry tomatoes, diced
- 3 button mushrooms, diced (I like Swiss browns better than white button usually)
- 1 slice of cheese (Personal preference is always sharp cheddar. You can do Swiss Cheese for healthier choice)
- 2 slices of multigrain/wholemeal bread (Pictured here is French Village Bread bought from Village Grocer)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp mixed herbs (Mine is from Tesco Choice. Cheap and good.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over the stove.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Add button mushrooms and stir.
- Lower heat to medium and add pepper, salt and herbs. Stir.
- Once the vegs are soft (taste one to check, but make sure they’re not overcooked), turn off fire and put aside in bowl.
- Crack both eggs into a bowl, add milk.
- Whisk the eggs until it becomes a little bubbly. This is to make the egg fluffier.
- Heat skillet.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil.
- Pour egg into skillet and spread it around.
- Once you can see the edges start to stiffen a little, add the vegs on top.
- Let the egg cook a little, then fold/roll the omelette. Trick is, don’t wait till the egg becomes too cook or it will be too stiff to roll properly.
- Remove from fire and serve with alfafa and toasted bread with cheese.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes